Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot See Cameras on New Internet Provider on my PRO 2/VMB4000

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just changed my Internet provider to a system that uses a tower and an antenna on my roof to receive internet. It is a LTE system not 2.4 or 5.0 GHZ. I cannot see my cameras on the new internet system. 

I have deleted my old VMB4000 base profile and added a new VMB4000 device to my Arlo dashboard. I have added a camera per steps and everything went perfectly.

I have the 3 Green lights on the VMB4000 base and I can see my base that I just added under the devices but I do not see the cameras that paired correctly with the base. I have done this on my windows 10 PC, I have deleted and added the apps on both my iPhone and iPad with no success of seeing the cameras. Help!!

2 REPLIES 2
pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought I would add that it should not make a difference if my new internet service is not cable or phone line based internet. Before I removed the VMB4000 and reinstalled it all 3 of my cameras were there but could not see them. It just kept saying getting status. On windows PC it would say please wait then say cannot connect. That is the reason why I finally removed the VMB4000 base and reinstalled with still no luck. I contacted Arlo support and they suggested having internet provider check to see if I have open ports of either 80, 123, or 443. I have contacted my internet provider and they are checking on it. Does anyone know about ports and this problem?

Thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Those ports are for HTTP, HTTPS and NTP (Network Time Protocol), all are used by Arlo. If blocked, Arlo won't work. A standard router config allows access with no problem but ISP-owned routers have been configured in some way to cause issues.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation