Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Grant Access to my Wife. Took her to login page but nothing.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kennyr35
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to grant access to my wife. Below are the steps I am taking.

1. I enter her name, email and check off one of the camers. I then hit send.
  2. She recieves the invitation and clicks it.
  3. She clicks the "create account" button to setup her account
  4. After entering her email, the site takes her to a login page. She enters a password but nothing happen. Upon clicking login a popup appears for a second that says "please wait", then disappears. Clicking the login button does the same each time.
  5. After hitting the forgotten password button. The system says it is sending out an email for resetting the password. This email never comes through. I have checked spam as well.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kennyr35
Tutor
Tutor

For those that might have this issue in the future. Jessica opened a case for me. Arlo support had to reset my wife's password. Doing that enabled me to get the email and change the password sucessfully.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey kennyr35,

Does your wife already have an existing Arlo account or did she create a new one after clicking on the "create account"?

kennyr35
Tutor
Tutor

It looks like there is some sort of bug with her account.

1. When she click's the link in the email and clicks "create account".
  2. She enters her email and hits "next".
  3. The system takes her to a login page instead of the page to setup the account.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

When you say she clicks on "Create Account," is this after clicking on the "Create my Own Arlo Account" or "arlo.netgear.com" correct?

Try re-sending the grant access invite again and try using a different browser or on incognito mode to see if that helps.

kennyr35
Tutor
Tutor

Jessie,

1. The invite comes to her inbox and she clicks it.
  2. The link takes her to a site to login.
  3. She clicks the green button at the bottom that says "Create Account"
  4. She inputs her email address and clicks "next"
  5. The next screen shows a login page and not the "create account page" where you enter your name, re enter your email and password.

I tried what you mentioned. Same result.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the detailed information. When you say "you enter your name, re-enter your email and password", could you verify which screen you're seeing (see screenshot below)?

Create Account.png

Sign In.png

kennyr35
Tutor
Tutor

I am seeing the 2nd one shown (the login/password screen). The first screenshot should be showing up, but it doesnt.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks again for answering my question. There may be a chance your wife already has an account. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

kennyr35
Tutor
Tutor

For those that might have this issue in the future. Jessica opened a case for me. Arlo support had to reset my wife's password. Doing that enabled me to get the email and change the password sucessfully.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation