Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Knoet2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't use Arlo any more with the 2 step verification.
I activate the app on my phone and it sends me a text. I go to text for the code and go back to the app and it sends me a new code, etc

Same with email. I cannot get into the app anymore with 2 step verification.

We were just about to expand, but luckily we didn't as for know Arlo has become unusable.

Solutions?

The help desk told me to make it a trusted device. Not a clue how to do that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Knoet2007 wrote:

That would work if I only had 1 phone.

When I do what you suggest my laptop does not work anymore without the text and I have to get my phone for the text.

I have 4 devices which I use independently. I do not  want to take 2 everywhere I go 🙂

Arlo will not let you add a PC as a trusted device. I don't know why but it is the way they do it. I can not make my tablet a trusted device also, just my phone. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

When setting up 2 step you have to add your phone as a trusted deice. Go back to the 2fa setup on your phone. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062288/What-is-two-step-verification-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

Knoet2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I do what you suggest my laptop does not work anymore without the text and I have to get my phone for the text.

I have 4 devices which I use independently. I do not  want to take 2 everywhere I go 🙂

Knoet2007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried adding trusted devices, but am limited to 1

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Knoet2007 wrote:

Arlo will not let you add a PC as a trusted device. I don't know why but it is the way they do it. I can not make my tablet a trusted device also, just my phone. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation