Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't sync the Pro 2 to VMB3000. Tried pressing on sync and removing battery.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cat88
Follower
Follower

I have an older Arlo system with a VMB3000 base unit and 2 cameras (I bought it in 2015) I need to add a 3rd camera so I purchased a Pro2, which all the articles I've read so will connect to my existing set up. However. I tried to sync the camera to the base and nothing.
I pressed just the sync on the camera, blue light flashed, then nothing.
I tried pressing the sync on the base, then the camera, same deal.
I charged the camera battery up.
I took the camera battery out, turned off the base unit and my modem router, reset them both when I turned them back on, put the battery back in and tried again. Still nothing.
Online chat doesn't seem to be available from my phone and the call centre seems to be eternally closed.
Any ideas before I take it back for a refund and just buy a whole different brand? Had so many issues with this system over the years! Would not recommend (and I work in a store that sells them so I don't)

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Procedure can be direct sync or via app/web... I usu do it outside of prgm by direct method

As you tried , quickly press the base sync button ( dont hold ) and then the camera's button.

it should go to fast blue flash if it works ( cam will end in amber flash if not )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation