Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SADev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Folks,

Base Station's (single light) goes from solid blue to blinking blue when I press the base station's sync button for 2 seconds.  I understand that it should change to green?  It never does and the sync process never works.  I did a factory reset, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

TIA 

14 REPLIES 14
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Try momentarily pressing the base sync button less than second, then press the camera sync button for same.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What base are you using? It sounds like a VMB4500 (look on the bottom for a sticker that has VMBxxxx). I don't believe the LED turns green - only blue or amber. 

As noted above, the issue of holding the base sync button too long may cause the base to go into a mode that's not for syncing. It was a problem for a long time but new firmware may or may not have fixed this. In any event, the brief press of the base sync button is recommended.

goranhere
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello i have the same problem. I have a VMB4500 base station. And will not connect. When i connect on the app, The connection says "Your Base Station could not be discovered" And when i press the "reset" button, nothing happen when i press it. Do you know what i should do? 

It have works before and now cant connect. Thanks! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the base station currently seen in your account? If so, you need to remove it. ALso, when using the reset button, you must hold it until the LED(s) start flashing amber, about 10 seconds or so.

goranhere
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have delete the cameras and Base station on the account, When i press the reset button in 10-15 sec its not flashing, nothing happening when i press the reset button. its only a blue light on the base station and sometimes it been orange and after blue again. When i add base station on the account it cant find and says "cant find  the station and can be offline" 

SADev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Momentary pressing of base station sync button caused blue light to flash.  When the camera light was pressed nothing appeared to happen.

SADev
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the VMB4500 model.  Short presses of both buttons did not solve the problem.  This might be a battery charge problem?  These cameras have been unused for 4 years.  And I can't tell if they are charging or if the charging is complete.  

SADev
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the base station and then added it back again.  Still no success in syncing the cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SADev wrote:

And I can't tell if they are charging or if the charging is complete.  

You should see the LED on the camera turn solid blue when then charging is finished.

SADev
Aspirant
Aspirant

No solid blue lights on any of my 4 cameras.  Infact, no lights at all.

I've removed and waited, then replaced the battery in the power connected camera, but no success.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When either inserting a battery (that has a charge) or connecting AC power, does the camera LED briefly flash blue, indicating power has been connected?

SADev
Aspirant
Aspirant

No camera blue flashing light even for a second.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@SADev 

If the camera batteries have been unused for a very long time then they have likely discharged completely. The camera will not attempt to charge them for safety reasons.

it is possible to reprime the cameras using the following article but it may not work even after several attempts.

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

Note that the pro/2 cameras use a 7.2vdc battery so requires a QC charger supplied by arlo with the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The catch is that even just using AC power results in no LED blink, leading to the possibility of a faulty camera. Of course, the possibility of a faulty power supply may also be true so try different ones, perhaps with different cables.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation