Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
celticpatricia
Guide
Guide

I can not live stream. I've tried over and over again. I used to be able to once in a while, but it's never worked very well. I have tried different browsers. I have 5g, 867.8 Mbps download  and 62.9 Mbps upload, so speed is not an issue. I also have 5 bars on my cameras, so they are getting a good signal. All cameras are plugged in, not on the batteries. 

I just can not figure this out. Have tried unplugging the base for a while too. Also disabled Norton for a while, nothing. Can anyone help please?

29 REPLIES 29
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barney999 wrote:

No haven't tried that but I have fibre BT so high speed . How will that help Stephen ?  

The problem could be something in the laptop, or it could be something with the network (router or BT).

• If livestreaming also fails when the laptop is connected to a hotspot, then the problem is likely the laptop.
  • If it succeeds, then it is something with the network.
Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see but I have borrowed a Chromebook to try in my home and it was fine which would make you think its the 2 laptops however both worked fine until September so snice Adobe was withdrawn in the previous January it must be something Arlo has done ?   They keep telling me to use Safari which is total BS . 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barney999 wrote:

They keep telling me to use Safari which is total BS . 

Agreed.  Hopefully someone in Arlo will reach out to that agent and correct them.

@Barney999 wrote:

since Adobe was withdrawn in the previous January 

It's not about Flash, since that was removed from Arlo quite a while ago.

Unfortunately I don't know the cause.  I did see this for a time with my work laptop (running on my home network), but not on other PCs.  However, it resolved w/o me doing anything, so I never was able to track down the root cause.  

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

I cant believe this , I was just having a look at my library and clicked on the live stream and it works !  I have 2 hubs and had only reset 1 of them a few days ago but both are giving live stream . I cant believe it after all these months of trying to find out why it didnt work and it just happens . Clearly Arlo have done something as I haven't and it even works on Opera as well as Edge etc .  Lets hope it keeps working as I have heard from others it has been known to work for a few days . So will report back in a about a week on my findings .  Thanks for your help so far !  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barney999 wrote:

I cant believe this , I was just having a look at my library and clicked on the live stream and it works !  

Great news!

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation