Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Markrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I needed to reconnect two cameras to my base station but that didn't work so I bought two more. I have done the factory reset of my base station and I still can't connect new cameras to it.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What exactly have you done? A reset requires that you remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. A power cycle/reboot is not a reset.

Markrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, jguerdat. I removed all devices and reinstalled the base station resetting it until the 3 amber lights came on. It is now recognised on my dashboard. I am doing this via the website on my PC as I have uninstalled my phone app because it was totally unhelpful. I had the system working well for nearly 3 months a year ago but it simply died and have only just got around to setting it up again. Thinking the problem was my cameras I bought 2 more. It looks like the base station is at fault but all the lights and the settings on the dashboard seem to suggest it is working ok.

A1_most-Done
Aspirant
Aspirant

Usually for the new cameras to work with the base station, the camera needs to be synced to the base station by locating it near the base station.  Once this is done, the camera will automatically be added to your account.  Then, before installing the camera in its location, it will also need to have the firmware update for the new camera by placing it near the base station.  Once this is complete, camera can be installed in its location and should work with the base station.   Hope this helps. 

Markrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to sync the camera with the base station by placing them about 2 feet apart. Tried this about 20 times. They just won't sync.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When trying to sync, be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds. Then press the camera sync button. What do the LEDs on both the base and camera show during the process?

Markrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, tried that. The LED lights on the base station show as follows - the left power light stays solid; the middle light stays solid then flashes intermittently; the right sync light flashes slowly continuously. The lights on the camera - the light flashes blue slowly for over a minute then flashes amber fast.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact support using the link at the bottom here.

Markrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help. I have tried Arlo support before and found them unhelpful but will try again. My system is still under warranty but it is complicated because I live remotely from my supplier. Quite frustrating.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation