Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Find The Alarm Function On Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jetsticks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've searched over and over for this but cannot find it anywhere.  I purchased an Arlo Pro 2 3 camera system with a model number of VCS3000C from Costco.  First of all this forum doesn't recognize that model number (?) and secondly I have been unable to find where my alarm feature is.  There is no swipe down feature on the app to activate it or anything.  I have the small round base unit, not the large square one. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jetsticks

As @Dannybear mentioned, the base station you have does not have a siren built in. The siren feature comes built in on the VMB4000, VMC4030, VMC4030p base stations.

I have provided an article here that explains the feature with it's compatible devices. How do I turn the Arlo Pro base station siren on or off?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
I can’t see anywhere that the model supports a siren device.

The manual siren function in the app is a red dot with a white shield and red explanation mark that you tap to activate the siren, look to the top right.
jetsticks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can find that on the app but when I tap on it there is no siren function.  Only something about calling a friend.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jetsticks

As @Dannybear mentioned, the base station you have does not have a siren built in. The siren feature comes built in on the VMB4000, VMC4030, VMC4030p base stations.

I have provided an article here that explains the feature with it's compatible devices. How do I turn the Arlo Pro base station siren on or off?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation