Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can someone tell me where exactly is the Reset Button on Arlo Pro 2 camera?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
manishtn
Aspirant
Aspirant

The user manual says "Use a straightened paper clip to press and hold the Reset button on the back
of the base station for about 10 seconds."

I looked and looked and did not find any button labeled Reset on the camera. Can someone please help with the location of the button - maybe with a picture?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@manishtn wrote:

The user manual says "Use a straightened paper clip to press and hold the Reset button on the back
of the base station for about 10 seconds."

I looked and looked and did not find any button labeled Reset on the camera. Can someone please help with the location of the button - maybe with a picture?

The base station is not the camera, so those instructions don't apply to the camera itself.

Normally you just remove the batteries from the camera and then reinsert it.

What problem are you trying to fix?

manishtn
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is from the user manual of the camera and not the base station. I am trying to sell the cameras and want to do a factory reset before giving it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Simply remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. If you wish, also press and hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. That will factory reset the whole system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@manishtn wrote:

This is from the user manual of the camera and not the base station. I am trying to sell the cameras and want to do a factory reset before giving it. 

Yes, it's in the manual.  But  your quote is clearly telling you how to reset the base, not the camera itself.

What you need to do is remove the cameras and base from your account.  Resetting the base with the paper clip is a good idea.  For the cameras, all you need to do is remove the batteries (and let the buyer re-insert them).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation