Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
whiskers222
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to have my indoor camera to in the rule summary " if the following detects motion then do the following do nothing for alerts I want both unchecked for push notifications and email alerts". I had these settings in the past but now I am not able to have these settings. The save button is grayed out, I am not able to save these settings. It reverts back the the previous settings. I changed these settings yesterday only temporary and I can not change it back. I did a chat and after spending over one hour testing things they told me it can not be done. Is this accurate? To be clear I want when motion is detected to do nothing with no alerts. Also I think my camera system is arlo pro 2 but i am not sure. How do I check which model I have?   

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @whiskers222

Does this occur over the Arlo mobile app & the online web portal? You have the Pro 2 cameras. You can see which camera you have by removing the battery & looking at the sticker in the top left corner, VMC4030P.

whiskers222
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it happens with the mobile app using my Android phone and on the web portal using Microsoft edge and chrome browsers. I remember the first time I was able to save the settings that way I had a hell of a time doing it but I did it. This time I changed it back to record video and the next day I tried to change it back to do nothing but I could not save the setting unless one of the alerts  boxes were checked.    

Thank you for showing me how to see the model cameras I have. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just to be clear, do you want the settings: "when motion is detected" > Then do the following > "Nothing" (Unchecked). Is that correct?

Or do you have the mode set to detect & record motion, but you can not uncheck both the Email/PN alerts?

whiskers222
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like if the following; Detects motion checked. detects audio unchecked

Then do the following; Do nothing checked. record video unchecked.

Alerts; Push notifications unchecked. Email alerts unchecked.

That is the setting I am not able to save. Thank you for your replies so far. I hope we can get this corrected. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If the record video option is unchecked then you will not be recording after motion is observed therefore the camera is not being used. The Email/PN option will not be in affect.

whiskers222
Aspirant
Aspirant

My record video option is unchecked and Email/PN is in effect. In my case your statement is not correct.  I get a PN of motion detected. I am the only one that this happens to? 

oligag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing is happening to me.  It will not let me save "if motion do nothing: I had to delete 1 camera and add back in and now I can not save do nothing, it defaulted to record and I do not have push notification checked and I get notification on that camera which I do not want.  I have the arlo pro 2 not sure which model

whiskers222
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this is very frustrating. I hope there is a fix for this soon.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation