Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jintek
Guide
Guide

I have the Costco Pro2, 5 cameras with VMB4000 base station. I want to expand my security system by adding additional Arlo cams like the 2k or 4K cameras. I know my current base station can support 8 cams total. The free package supports 5 cameras of free cloud storage. Meaning that three of the 8 cams allowed would store videos locally. I want to keep 1 base, 1 app, and 1 account for all 8 security cams. Will the app ever let me view my locally stored videos without having to disconnect the usb stick. I want the view my local vids through the app. No matter which cameras recorded it.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jintek

"I want to keep 1 base, 1 app, and 1 account for all 8 security cams. Will the app ever let me view my locally stored videos without having to disconnect the usb stick."

The feature you are inquiring about is currently available for the VMB4540 & VMB5000. I have attached the link to the article here: What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

Jintek
Guide
Guide
So I would need to purchase a new base station? I’m confused if this Direct storage access works with my Pro 2 cameras, why wouldn’t it work with the base station that came with my cameras. I have a VMB4000r Base station is this similar to the VMB4040 ? How much does the additional station cost?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

H @Jintek

Arlo has cameras & accessories located on the Arlo website: Arlo Shop

You can find all the pricing and details there, including product differences. 

Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Booooooo!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation