Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I use my cameras to record a party

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mp257
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I use my cameras to record a family party/graduation speech?  How long will they record on manual record?  Can I set up multiple cameras and then download clips to edit together a video of the event?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
You can do anything you want with the cameras as long as you comply with the local, state and federal regulations regarding video surveillance.
The cameras will timeout after 30mins even on external power and is not accurate to the minute to prevent you from draining the battery according to arlo.
There is no editing software from arlo so you would have to use a compatible software editing package.
The system should be able to stream up to 4 cameras at once, be aware that this can depend on the internet upload speed as well as download and how many other wifi devices are streaming at that same time.
Additionally you may be very disappointed with the final result as a result of the poor motion quality of the camera stream as well as the extra compression added by the arlo cloud streaming engine. I.e. blurred faces etc.
My recommendation would to use a photographer instead as you will get better quality for the price.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
You can do anything you want with the cameras as long as you comply with the local, state and federal regulations regarding video surveillance.
The cameras will timeout after 30mins even on external power and is not accurate to the minute to prevent you from draining the battery according to arlo.
There is no editing software from arlo so you would have to use a compatible software editing package.
The system should be able to stream up to 4 cameras at once, be aware that this can depend on the internet upload speed as well as download and how many other wifi devices are streaming at that same time.
Additionally you may be very disappointed with the final result as a result of the poor motion quality of the camera stream as well as the extra compression added by the arlo cloud streaming engine. I.e. blurred faces etc.
My recommendation would to use a photographer instead as you will get better quality for the price.
mp257
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation