Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I use a separate device for notifications?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tjp80
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I put a tablet or extra computer hooked wireless to get alerts on my system while I am ay home I don't carry my phone at home

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
I imagine that if you’re tablet is android and on the local wifi or cellular then you can use the android arlo app.
You could also set arlo to email you the events.
This assumes the arlo system is at work rather than home.
Arlo can also share to another user device with restrictions.

Hope this helps.
Tjp80
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you my present system monitors the house and I have a wall screen in my home office so while I am working I can watch the doors and property I want to upgrade to the Pro 2 but still want to watch the door activity . I think I can just set another computer to the wifi and sit on the Arlo web site and watch my cameras live and least I hope .

Dannybear
Master
Master
The limit for live view I believe is 5 cameras at one time. They only give you 30mins before they stop and will need to be restarted. Best I’ve had is 22 mins with 4 cameras.

You may get better performance with using CVR recordings although at more cost with subscription. I don’t have subscription so don’t know if it works.
Dannybear
Master
Master

Additional information in case you’re not aware is that when you live view a camera you will loose detection capability as designed so no notifications or recordings to cloud or USB backup device. Live view recordings to cloud are possible but not to the USB backup device by design.

If you use CVR the recordings are not copied to the backup USB device by design.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation