Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Australien
Luminary
Luminary

Hi there, I would like to know step by step how I can setup my Arlo Pro 2 system with 2 base stations to avoid a paid subscription and have it all on same App Account. I have not bought the second base yet but will if this works 100%. I have 5 Arlo Pro 2 cams and got the baby cam now. Previously I got told that the baby cam doesn’t count in the free subscription like light and doorbell but I got several times wrong information from the Arlo chat. Hopefully this works and I get my 6 cams running on 2 base stations on same app account. I heard that this is possible with creating an account on different email but then somehow it can be put together on one account but couldn’t find a step by step description. Thanks dear community!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For >5 cameras to be free, you need that second account and base as noted above. Since you have a Baby, you could set that up on that second account without the need for a second base since the Baby doesn't connect to a base. You would then use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first account's email address so all cameras show up in one login. It's not quite the same as having all on one account but usually is close enough.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to open a SECOND account using diff PW/Email and then add the new base to the second account and move the closest cameras over to the new base.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
All 6 cameras are in reach. So I just change that in the app or online? I can reach all 6 cams from both base stations. Hope it really works. Don’t want to waste buying that second base.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Pls see screens that’s the situation. It tells me I need a subscription to run the baby cam.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For >5 cameras to be free, you need that second account and base as noted above. Since you have a Baby, you could set that up on that second account without the need for a second base since the Baby doesn't connect to a base. You would then use Settings, Grant Access from the second account to the first account's email address so all cameras show up in one login. It's not quite the same as having all on one account but usually is close enough.

Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks. I will try that today. I Registered the cam for warranty already but hopefully it doesn’t affect this procedure.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Tried to install the baby cam after removing it from my main account. It doesn’t find the cam. I have Internet access and I’m near the router and followed all instructions for installing the baby cam.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Australien

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Have you tried to factory reset the camera and setup again?

Australien
Luminary
Luminary
I haven’t tried the factory reset. How does that work? I had this cam before in a different account but it never worked cause of being the 6th cam and out of the free description but I deleted it from that account.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Australien 

This article provides details on this: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

Depending on the subscription you may need to upgrade to utilize more than 5 cameras at once. I provided an article that contains more info regarding subscriptions: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Done factory reset but still not working. I thought I can still have a free subscription with a second account and then grant access. I have 5 cams plus 1 baby. As I understood this is a tricky way to save the paid subscription.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Ok all works now very well. I probably didn’t hit the factory set up pin right. It’s just very deep in that hole of the cam. I installed the cam on my wife’s account and gave access to my main. And VOILA! It works without a subscription. Thanks everyone for helping!
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation