Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I use Arlo Outdoor Power Adapter for CVR?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Brianc1998
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see Arlo now sells an Outdoor power adaptor for Arlo Pro 2 cameras (Arlo Outdoor Power Adapter, Pro 2 - Black
Item No. VMA4900-100NAS). In the past, they had only continuous video recording (CVR) for indoor use. Does this imply CVR is now available for outdoor use for Arlo Pro 2 cameras with this cable?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The need for AC power to get CVR has nothing to do with the exact power supply. The old wording (dunno if it's been fixed) was due to issues with the original outdoor adapter. The newer one works fine (as long as you take care to fully/properly seat the camera connector to allow the seal to work) and will get you constant charging and CVR.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brianc1998 wrote:

I see Arlo now sells an Outdoor power adaptor for Arlo Pro 2 cameras (Arlo Outdoor Power Adapter, Pro 2 - Black
Item No. VMA4900-100NAS). In the past, they had only continuous video recording (CVR) for indoor use. Does this imply CVR is now available for outdoor use for Arlo Pro 2 cameras with this cable?

If the camera is AC powered, you can get CVR (whether it is indoors or outdoors).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation