Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
The_Eyelius
Initiate
Initiate

I have some rapid flying birds that triggers my Arlo Pro 2 camera. Those birds are very quick and the motion detection is triggered each time a small bird flies by. 

I have set the sensitivity to ZERO but the problem persists. 

Is there a way to extend the time required for a trigger to take place; i.e. motion has to be detected for at least one full second before the motion trigger is activated?

...or is there some other way to avoid unnececery triggers in this "birdy" case? I cannot be the first person in history to experience this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The_Eyelius
Initiate
Initiate

Ah, thanks @TomMac . That motion sensitivity setting was really hidden. 

To future readers: To adjust the real motion sensitivity (not the test mode), select the Mode tab at the top in the Arlo-app.  Select the pen to the right of the mode you want to edit. On the next scren, select the pen to the right of the rule you want to edit. In my case, it was "if motion on [camera name]". On the next screen, tap the pen to the right of "Motion detected". Now there's a slider where you can adjust the motion sensitivity. I reduced mine from 60 % to 30 %. Tap on "Back" in the upper left and then tap on "Save" in the upper right. Now your new motion settings are saved. 

Please give a heart if this was of any help for you.  Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no delay on the triggered event.... so basicly No.

The main adjustment is in the Mode for sense. ( make sure you not using the test mode sense level )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
The_Eyelius
Initiate
Initiate

Ah, thanks @TomMac . That motion sensitivity setting was really hidden. 

To future readers: To adjust the real motion sensitivity (not the test mode), select the Mode tab at the top in the Arlo-app.  Select the pen to the right of the mode you want to edit. On the next scren, select the pen to the right of the rule you want to edit. In my case, it was "if motion on [camera name]". On the next screen, tap the pen to the right of "Motion detected". Now there's a slider where you can adjust the motion sensitivity. I reduced mine from 60 % to 30 %. Tap on "Back" in the upper left and then tap on "Save" in the upper right. Now your new motion settings are saved. 

Please give a heart if this was of any help for you.  Smiley Very Happy

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation