Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I buy another Pro 2 camera and see videos on my existing Pro 2 without subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Nichols1960
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo Pro 2 kit (Base and 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras), and purchased an additional Essential camera.  Because the Essential requires the Smart Plan and I cannot see any videos on this camera it really is not what I need.  Can I buy yet another Arlo Pro 2 camera and see the videos on my existing Arlo Pro 2 kit without a subscription?  So  would I be able to see videos on all 3 Arlo Pro 2s?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nichols1960 wrote:

Can I buy yet another Arlo Pro 2 camera and see the videos on my existing Arlo Pro 2 kit without a subscription?  So  would I be able to see videos on all 3 Arlo Pro 2s?

Yes, you can have up to 5 Pro 2 cameras and still take advantage of the free cloud storage.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

You can add more than 5 cameras under the free plan.

Just add another base station, (up to 5 cameras per base station) and open up another account & have them connect to each other.

I have 8 cameras with 2 base stations, and can view all the cameras on one account...and pay NOTHING.

If I had to pay a monthly fee, I would leave Arlo. There are things I wish Arlo could do, and refuse to pay a monthly fee if it can't.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@billkex wrote:

You can add more than 5 cameras under the free plan.

Just add another base station, (up to 5 cameras per base station) and open up another account & have them connect to each other.

Agreed.  I didn't suggest that, because @Nichols1960 wasn't exceeding 5.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation