Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
pbbgso
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm thinking about buying an Arlo Pro 2 and an Arlo Security Light, but I don't want to have to change batteries so I was thinking about buying a solar panel to recharge their batteries.  Previously I had a Ring Spotlight Cam that was very handy having the light and camera in one device powered by a solar panel.  I would prefer to only have one solar panel if possible.  Can the solar panel produce enough charge to power 2 devices, and if so has anyone been able to do it?

1 REPLY 1
jaw5279
Tutor
Tutor

I believe based on the wiring provided with the solar panel, that it is one for one.  Since the solar panel provides just a trickle charge to the battery, I doubt one panel could provide power to two devices. 

If you do go the solar panel route, make certain that you have a good tight fit where the cable goes into the camera.  I have had some problems with water infiltration which causes the camera to report charging issues until dried out (which took several days).  After replacing the cable through the warranty process it continued to happen.  I final added some butyl putty around the opening to provide a better seal and have gone through several heavy rains without issue.  This only happened on one of my camera/solar panel setups.  The others seem to seal properly without the additional help.  

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation