Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras won’t sync

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Trishev
Tutor
Tutor
I just purchased the Arlo Pro 2 base with 2 cameras. I had them setup but I was having issue connecting to Alexa and they weren’t responding. I ended up removing the cameras and trying to re add them but they won’t sync.
What I’ve tried:
-unplugging bases
-doing a factory reset on base
-removing/adding base back

I can see the base in the app but when I try to sync the cameras, the light on the camera flashes blue but the camera is never added. Any other suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Trishev

I just added a Pro camera to my system this week and here is how I did it. Go into your app. Remove the battery on one camera and reinsert it. From the devices page in the app go to the bottom of the page and click on Add Device. 

Move the camera to within a couple of feet of the base.

Briefly press the sync button on the base. The third LED on the base will start flashing. Follow the instructions in the app.

Press and hold the sync button on the camera for two seconds. The light in the camera should slowly flash blue until the camera has synced.

Click on Finish in the app. If successful, repeat the process on the next camera.

If not successful, contact Customer Service on the green banner near the bottom of this page.

Brian

Trishev
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the response. I did try the steps you mentioned but during the syncing process the light is flashing green on the base and blue on the camera (for way more than 10 seconds) but the camera is never added
brh
Master
Master

@Trishev

It can take the camera more than 2 minutes of blinking blue to sync. Let it keep blinking. If it blinks blue more than 4 or 5 minutes, try again. 

If the light on the camera blinks amber, it did not sync.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base and reinstall the camera battery (to reset the camera). Press the base sync button briefly - don't hold it. Then press the sync button on the camera. Any luck?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@Trishev wrote:
Thanks for the response. I did try the steps you mentioned but during the syncing process the light is flashing green on the base and blue on the camera (for way more than 10 seconds) but the camera is never added

I had the same problem with a camera. It turned out to be interference from my wifi network. I fixed it by moving my base station a few feet further away from my wifi router. Others have seen the same issue. Others have fixed the problem by restarting their router, which I presume changed the channel their 2.4GHz wifi network was running on. So give those two ideas a go

Trishev
Tutor
Tutor
Update - I called Arlo Support and was able to get the cameras to sync but they kept going immediately offline. He had me try removing/adding cameras, restarting base, resetting the base, removing camera batteries, ect and finally determined the hub needs replaced. He recommended I contact amazon since Arlo would send me a refurb (this is brand new). Thanks for the suggestions!
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation