Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras static view is an old picture

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KWH
Follower
Follower
Firstly, the call centers are an abomination for anything resembling help. I have called them 6 times over the last three days just to confirm they understand what’s occurring and they still haven’t gotten it right. One person I spoke to ended up asking me what the date was today (dec 10) and then asked what would be the date tomorrow (dec 11). You didn’t read that wrong. That is what their tech support asked me. Also, the fact that there is no alternative tier level support to be transferred to when encountering such issues is simply poor business practices. A complete lack of Lean Six Sigma processes is showing with zero accountability.

Now that my tirade and venting are done, let me explain the problem. Firstly, let me define the two views the camera offers. 1. Dynamic view (in essence, the live view) it is the view that one can demand and stop through the Arlo system. I use the iPhone X.
2. Static view (this is the view that displays whenever the live view isn’t in demand).
When I choose dynamic (live view) and stop it, it works fine. But when I stop the dynamic view the static view reverts to an older image. Congruently, in the lower left corner instead of seeing “just now” I will see a random amount of time. It could be from 2 hours before, 20 Minutes before or some other time that corresponds to the static image. However, when I access my views through my laptop by going directly to Arlo.netgear.com, it works fine. I choose the dynamic view, stop the request and the static view states “just now” and the image shown is in fact the “just now” image. This is a very frustrating issue. I have five cameras and they all do this. It seems to be related to the app since I can by pass it by going to Arlo direct on a desktop or Laptop. Anyone got any pointers, please let me know.
1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I think this is a known issue now that they'll be working on, though when they'll fix it is anyone's guess. Mine is both faulty in the app and through the web browser. I currently have to go into the library to see when the last recording was

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation