Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Braceman
Guide
Guide

Since a January 5th system update there is no recordings in the library or on th external USB device. Can only view video's in email alerts across five devices' (two Windows, three iOS systems). All have been updated with recent software per Arlo customer/tech suggestions  Also, did all the mundane things that they ask of me (reboot modem, router, hub and resync cameras, etc.).  I am now having problems with Geofencing. Have to manually change modes. All cameras and hub have an UPS backup since the cameras are wired.  Originally, my son who owns a computer consulting company and my neighbor who is an IT tech from a Universiy here in San Antonio, Texas thought my original problem was the Hub after checking all devices ( desk top, laptop, iPad, and iPhones) systems for the correct settings, etc.. After some two, three different customer service connections was told that Arlo would send a new replacement Hub.  Well, received the new Hub

and guess what, the same problems existed.  Did all the same things asked of me previously.  After some very uninformative conversation with customer service individual, I was told they would be sending new Arlo Pro2 camera's.  If this dosen't correct the problems (I don't believe it will) I will probably seek other security camera systems and not risk up grading to Smart program.  Both my son and neighbor are wondering why the Arlo customer service and technical folks don't have trouble tracing systems, activate, deactivate  systems to ascertain problems or features on accounts as the cell phone companies have (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verison, and Sprint)?  We have had the present Arlo Pro2 system since November 2017 and are pleased up to this date.  No problems encountered priously espcially during our frequent absent from home.  As a person of 75 years of age, I do believe in doing things the right way and I guess that I am not the only person on earth who have unfortunate problems with Arlo products but it seems to me a worldwide company like Arlo/Netgear would provide better service with reliable information in resolving problems that are simple or difficult with a better way to update systems and devices with out causing widespread havoc.

7 REPLIES 7
Louis_ArloPM
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you private message me the following:

1) Screen shot of your video library

2) screenshot of your modes to show what mode you are in

3) scdreen shot of an example e-mail with time stamp 

4) Your account e-mail login

5) Can you also confirm which base station you have (VMA4000? VMB3000), how many Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras you have on the system. 

We want to trace things and see if we can figure out why nothing is showing in your library. 

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Braceman - just wanted to drop in and thank you for your patience, and for sending @Louis_ArloPM information that will help us trace this issue. 

Please do let us know if the issue resolves, whether as a result of the new Arlo Pro 2 cameras or without any apparent intervention. I'll be chasing this internally here at Arlo as well.

Braceman
Guide
Guide
Thanks Alex for your response. The two new replacement Arlo Pro2 cameras did not resolve the problem. Still no recording in the library (records on external recorder)and Geofencing has to be done manually. Only view video through email alerts that take forever to view..
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for the update, @Braceman !

May I ask you to clarify what you mean by "(records on external recorder)"? Do you mean a USB-connected drive? And, if so, are clips being written to that drive?

And, thanks also for the feedback on Geofencing. We are continuing to work on improving this, as we know the experience isn't working optimally for everyone yet. 

Braceman
Guide
Guide

I am utilizing a USB Seagate  BackUp Plus 500GB drive. Yes, there are recorded clips on the BackUp Plus as there are on the email alerts also.  I really do appreciate you taking the time to investigate as What, When and Why on my problem!

Hopefully your investigation will uncover the problem.  Would like to get into the Smart Camera program sometime soon

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello again @Braceman - thanks for confirming that the clips you see in email alerts are also on the Backup Plus, this may be helpful in narrowing down the cause of your issues!

Please do keep us updated if you see any changes, for better or for worse - I'm hoping we can successfully resolve this for you. Thanks again!

Braceman
Guide
Guide

Alex, this is Braceman and there is no good news on my problem.  I am still not getting any recorded video in the library and the Geofenceing still has to be manually manipulated to change settings.  The Record Video button in the Edit Rule is still grayed out where everything else has a green button.  As I mention previuosly, not being able to access the library immediately on alert has become very frustrating since there is an abnormally long lag time from email alert to being able to see the video and respond to it if needed.  Not sure how much effort is being pursued in trying to correct this problem but if this problem is cause by a software/firmware update from the 5th of January it seem that a software/firmware could be sent to this account to reverse this problem. Although I was provided a new hub and cameras, the same problem would be recreated once the install process of updating the system takes place and the same  or updated software/firmware is installed. At this particular time I am very disappointed in Arlo's ability to correct/fix problems such as mine.  Arlo has excellent video security video equipment but seems inadequate and lacking techincal ability to help its customers problems.  We are planning  to spend time on the road with our grandkids on there school break and I am just not feeling as though I can really be able to be comfortable in keeping track security wise while on the road.  Just do not want to good back to my previous UD777 system.                 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation