Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
SammyK
Tutor
Tutor
I have just unboxed my arlo pro 2 kit and have installed the base station all according to what it says. When I try to sync the cameras (one at a time) they won’t sync. The sync light flashes on the base station and the blue light flashes on the camera for about a minute, then a fast amber light flashes on the camera and it stops trying to sync.
I have tried with both cameras and have the same problem. I have reset the base station and started again, twice. I have tried to plug the camera into power, and always get the same result.

Has anyone got any other ideas?
24 REPLIES 24
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SammyK

Are you still having an issue syncing your cameras?

SammyK
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. Still doing the same thing and not syncing. Have you got any ideas/suggestions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this a new system or used?

SammyK
Tutor
Tutor
Brand new. Straight out of the box
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I see it is offline at the moment, do you have it unplugged or are you experiencing an offline issue as well? Can you provide me with the firmware version?

SammyK
Tutor
Tutor
I have just had it unplugged. It’s online now. Firmware is 1.12.2.4_2772
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The newest FW version for your base is 1.14.0.2_2776 The base should try and update around 3 AM Pacific Time.Automatically. Do you see Settings > My Devices > Select Base > Device Info > may display needs a firmware update. - Firmware Release Notes

SammyK
Tutor
Tutor
It’s saying that there are no updates available.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can try and do a few reboots and wait a few minutes between each attempt, or let is sit overnight and wait for the FW to come through. Sometimes it takes a bit for it to push. if you like, you can also contact Customer Support regarding this. I will provide the link here for you. Arlo Tech support

SammyK
Tutor
Tutor
The firmware is now up to date and the cameras still won’t sync
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The cameras are within 6 inches or closer to the base station right?

dipaknpn
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

I got two Brand new Arlo Pro 2 (3 Camera- and Base station in each box). First I opened a box and connect the Base station. Then I try to connect single camera each time tried more than 13 hours .. whole day but never get successful.  It was a brand new and I am not able to connect at all. 

I thought that box had issue. 

And I tried a another box. Happen same issue. I reach out arlo customer service for technical support still they are not able to resolve it. 

Can someone help me out or having same issue??

Regards, 
Deepak 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dipaknpn

What are the status LEDs displaying on the front of the base station?

dipaknpn
Tutor
Tutor

While putting battery - It blinks Blue once. 

While pressing synch - it blinks blue slowly and later turn to amber and nothing it will display. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When looking at your base station, what do the status LED lights display? I have provided a picture below. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 11.49.57 AM.png

dipaknpn
Tutor
Tutor

1. the Base station light display Green for Power and Internet. 

2. When you press Synch button - it will blink green for sometime then amber and it will not display. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dipaknpn

Are you pressing the the sync button on the base station, then the cameras? You are keeping the camera within 1 foot of the base when syncing correct? All of the cameras will not sync?

dipaknpn
Tutor
Tutor

Yes first base station - synch button then only camera  (single camera) . 

Camera - is within 1 feet only. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dipaknpn

I would suggest following the advice the support agent gave you within your case, or contact them again to let them know the issue is persistent. 

dipaknpn
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

I reached ARLO support team. They told its base station issue - Case Number 41304790. 

And I get the new alro set again. But having same issue. I do not think it's base station. It's something other issue. No idea why my cameras are not synching up. I feel now i got the wrong device. 

I_In_The_Sky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem...

Sad the company does not seem to care..

Mattroy10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. My camera was working fine, but I let the it sit with a dead battery for a few months and it would not reconnect after charging. Removed it from app to try to re-sync it, but still no luck.
joe1821
Apprentice
Apprentice

What I would try is this: Remove the battery from the camera for about 1 or 2 minutes then reinsert it.  What I have had to do to my system is to reset the hub and then remove the batteries on both cameras.  You're rebooting the entire system and that will clear any registers that have corrupt data in them.  If you get results or not please post here so that Netgear can see the progress of problems with the Arlo Pro 2 system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mattroy10 wrote:
My camera was working fine, but I let the it sit with a dead battery for a few months and it would not reconnect after charging. Removed it from app to try to re-sync it, but still no luck.

Try this: https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation