Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Spoublon
Follower
Follower

All cameras have worked perfectly for months, but as of yesterday afternoon all stopped detecting/recording. I can view live and manually record, but no auto detection. Any advice?

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arm the cameras ( by the ARMED mode )

go to the LIVE view screen

Verify that the "motion detect" icon is BLACK... ( either a "ball with lines " or "running man" )

If gray, it means they are off and will not detect motion

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JohnM23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. My cameras just stopped detecting motion and recording.  However everything seems to be up and running.  I Motion Detect Icon on the Live Screen is Greyed Out.  Is there a way to change the setting so that it is Active again?

JohnM23
Aspirant
Aspirant

But all of a sudden it isn't Greyed Out any more but it still does not detect motion. 

Shuler24
Aspirant
Aspirant

My is doing the same thing.  Right after I charged the battery.  This is the second time. Last time I had to delete the camera and re-sync it.  Problem with that is, I have a smart subscription and for some reason I couldn’t add the camera back into the active cameras for smart alerts.  Arlo’s solution?  Cancel the subscription and re-sign up!  I’m not doing that every time I charge my Arlo pro 2.  I have no issues with the Arlo pro cameras I have. Just the Arlo 2.  Would love a solution.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey JohnM2 and Shuler24,

As TomMac mentioned, try setting the mode for your Base Station to the default "Armed" mode and see if motion detection works. You can also try using the motion detection test to be sure your motion detection is working: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

JohnM23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked if my system was Armed and is.  I did the Motion Detection Test and put the sensitivity up to 100 and it did not detect any motion.  I am really confused as to how the system worked fine for more than a year and now it seems to have stopped. 

Shuler24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica, I’ve done all that, set to arm, set to motions up, it just simply won’t even see motion, even with the motion test.  Live works fine, so I know it is connected.  I’ve even reset the rules.  A quick google search and it is apparent this is an issues that potentially started with the last firmware update.  The only thing I did was charge my camera battery.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

JohnM23 & Shuler24,

Try to remove the battery from your camera and re-insert it back in. Give it a few minutes and try testing to see if the motion detection works.

JohnM23
Aspirant
Aspirant

That doesn't work.  Looks like there are lots of people now having this issue.  How do I know when this issue has been fixed?  Worst time of the year to not have our cameras working as all kinds of packages being delivered for Christmas.  Is there some way to get a Push Notification with the fix?

Shuler24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed.  Not only did removing the battery not work, but I went ahead and deleted the camera and re-synced it.  That also didn’t work.  What gives Arlo?  Jessica can you escalate this?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation