Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Failed for Hours At A Time With No Notification

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

My cameras have been going offline and failing to record any motion events or CVR footage. They are also not available for live viewing.

There is no notification of this happening. The app shows the cameras connected, plugged in, and charged.

IMG_0071.png

Two different cameras. The back yard one failed from 11pm to 2am. The front porch one failed at ~7am and is still offline.

I have been having many issues before this latest one. Just yesterday I completely un-paired, factory reset, and re-paired my whole system. I have tested my internet, 150mbit up and down fiber so that is not an issue.

Something is very wrong with Arlo. It is not OK for cameras to completely fail and not even give a notification that something is wrong.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bubdog,

When you say the camera is going offline are you seeing an offline error message or are you discerning that the camera dropped offline due to the gap in CVR footage as shown in your screenshot.

The camera dropping offline could cause the same results as you're seeing but if the camera is staying online but you're still seeing a gap in CVR coverage, this could indicate a different issue.

JamesC

bubdog
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC Sorry I wasn't clear. By "going offline" I meant that the camera is failing silently. There is a gap in the CVR footage. The camera does not detect or record motion. I cannot view the live view. Despite all this the camera appears normal in the devices tab, no error messages at all. That is what I mean by "failing silently". It happens randomly to all my cameras now, once or twice a day each for several hours at a time. 

I have support case 40387020 about this issue, the delayed notifications issue, and the corrupted recordings issue.

I really want to love my Arlo system but it is so incredibly buggy! It is a bummer having a security camera system I can't trust.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation