Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera recording without subscription

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Windseek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

A friend of mine gave me several ARLO Pro 2 cameras and a base station. I hooked up the system and created an ARLO account without a subscription. I do not use a drive in my base station and have not set up local storage. However, all of my cameras are supporting motion, and recording videos which I can see in my feed each time there is an event. Yesterday, I left my Dashboard set to away, and as a result I have 600 Feeds. I can only delete them one at a time. When I log into my ARLO account, all I can see is ARLO Secure and ARLO Safe links that simply say NO Plan. I cannot access anything else. When I log into my app I cannot find anything that will allow me to deleted the Feeds. 

• Why are my cameras working without a subscription or local storage set up?
  • Where are the recordings being stored?
  • How can I delete the Feeds all at one time?

Thanks for any help,

Windseek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Windseek
Aspirant
Aspirant
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's frequently no reason to need to delete videos since they will auto-delete after the expiration time of your plan (since you have Pro 2 cameras, that's 7 days). 600 videos is a lot to scroll through, though, to try to pick the wheat from the chaff.

As for your questions, as noted above, the Pro 2 cameras have the free 7 day, 5 camera plan that remains in effect. Newer cameras require a subscription for cloud recordings but not yours. The recordings are stored in the cloud (Arlo servers) so they're available to you from anywhere that has Internet access. The ability to do mass deletions, again, isn't necessary once your mindset wraps around that, but could be useful. Use Settings, Data Privacy, Content, Erase Arlo Cloud but be aware that wipes out ALL videos, etc. which may not be what you intended. If you still want to do this, be sure to download any useful videos since any video that's deleted for any reason cannot be recovered.

Windseek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your fast response!

This makes total sense now. Shortly after posting this, I find articles about ARLO's change to their EOL policy which explained my question (sorry). I agree with you, I will most likely let the videos disappear on their own after 7 days.

If I set up local storage will my videos still be recorded to the cloud for 7 days?

Thanks again,

Windseek

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Local storage has nothing to do with cloud recordings. What goes through the base gets recorded locally as well as being passed on to the cloud.

Windseek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again!!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation