Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera picking up every car motion. Doesn't pick up motion at night. Floodlight compatibility?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ksinning
Follower
Follower

I am new to this community please excuse if already asked. I am having trouble with my front camera it seems to be picking up every car that drives by. other than moving camera to not face road any other tips. also I noticed at night with the night vision when I have my exterior house lights on it seems to not pick up motion as well as during the day or when the exterior lights are off. last question does any of the Arlo flood light / cameras compatible with my system

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rotate the camera down to eliminate the road. Since the PIR sensors only detect people out to about 25 feet, trying to view too much just causes problems like this. The camera should view only the actual area of interest, such as the walk leading to the door, etc.

You can also lower the motion detection sensitivity in your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here on changing sensitivity, creating custom modes as well as many other topics. Basically, use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (Armed by default). All settings are in there. Be sure to save any time it's presented.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ksinning wrote:

last question does any of the Arlo flood light / cameras compatible with my system

Yes.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve and what lights you have in mind.

The features you get will depend on the hub/base station you have in mind, and the subscription you opt for.

Newer devices than the Pro 2 do not come with free seven-day cloud storage

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation