Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Pylesjos
Follower
Follower
Cameras have been setup and working perfectly (or so I thought) for over 2 weeks. One day I get a notification and the video shows a man putting a flyer on my front door. My wife gets home - no flyer. No notifications showing someone taking the flyer. No videos saved.

I didnt think much of it. Maybe the wind or maybe I just had a lapse for some reason. But now for the last week we have gotten nothing. Not a single notification of motion and no recorded videos. Ive literally stood in the zone and waved my hands back and forth. I am simply not getting any notification ir recordings.

-running man is black
-I have no videos in storage so I definiteky have capacity
-no settings have changed from the period when the camera was detecting amd recording

What is my issue here?
8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@Pylesjos

Log in to your account on a windows PC and see if any videos are there. If they are there delete the app on your phone and reinstall the app.

If they are not there, try unplugging the base station from the router and power for one minute. Then reconnect to the router and power the base station back up.

Also check that someone did not change anything in your custom mode.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. First power cycle the base and then the camera. If that doesn't work, remove the camera from your devices and then re-sync it

robbiebrown34
Guide
Guide
I have this issue too. Only seems to be since the latest update on 31st Jan.

Tonight my mother in law put her car in the drive literally right under the camera - not a single notification online or in the app. Luckily I have CVR so I can go back and see the movement etc so I know the cam was recording at the time.

This is potentially a big issue for me because I have another camera on the other side of the house that’s battery only (No CVR), and likely that it’s missing the motion too which is worrying.

Prior to this latest update they’ve been near perfect.
I’ve tried reboots etc but the problem keeps coming back.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reset the camera by resinserting the battery? Might be worth restarting the base, too.

robbiebrown34
Guide
Guide

I've restarted the base unit, and also the cameras several times. 

This seems to temporarily resolve the issue but then it comes back a day or two later. 

I wouldn't mind, but Murphy's Law will state that the time is doesn't detect motion I will have my house broken into and it will be from the camera that doesn't have CVR. Not that I'm a pessimist, though 🙂

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you've deleted the camera and then re-sync'd it and it's still faulting, it's time to contact support seeking a camera RMA

robbiebrown34
Guide
Guide
Yes I have resynced it but the problem comes back. I don’t think an RMA will do the trick though, because it was perfect before the latest firmware update. Seems more like a software issue.
Tonight the motion detected me walking to the car, went off and then failed to notice me pull away from the drive.

I’ve upped the sensitivity tonight as a last resort although this hasn’t been changed since day 1.

Why can’t they just let me downgrade to the previous version that worked so well?!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Ah yes, put the motion sensitivity back up to 100 and then adjust it down as you get false alerts. If you continue to have problems, I would still try the RMA since the vast majority of people don't have the problem

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation