Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not detecting motion. Tried running motion detection test and detects. Tried restarting.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Mandatoryswe
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

One camera is no longer detecting motion. I ran the motion detection test, and while other cameras show the yellow indicator on the camera itself when motion is detected, this camera in question does not. I have not done anything to it, there is still battery left, it simply stopped working. I have tried to restart the base station several times. Any suggestions, or is it simply broken already after 2 months?

Also seems Arlo's website is broken, I can't seem to log in and get contact with support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mandatoryswe
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I got the number to the support and called them, turned out we had to remove the camera from base station, take the battery out for 10s, and then re-connect the camera to the base station, and then it worked. So issue resolved.

Can also mention that I had Arlo smart at the time, and I had to go in and re-buy the same arlo smart subscription (zero sum purchase since I already have the service), in order for getting Arlo smart for this particular camera again to work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mandatoryswe
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I got the number to the support and called them, turned out we had to remove the camera from base station, take the battery out for 10s, and then re-connect the camera to the base station, and then it worked. So issue resolved.

Can also mention that I had Arlo smart at the time, and I had to go in and re-buy the same arlo smart subscription (zero sum purchase since I already have the service), in order for getting Arlo smart for this particular camera again to work.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation