Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera mounts

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1949Eddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why can't you make a theft-proof camera mount?  With all the technology you have this should be a priority!  All the mounts you supply and other company supplies are crap!

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A determined thief will twart virtually any such mount. Museum thefts with mega-buck systems are proof of this. Feel free to rig up your own solution and share it here.

1949Eddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your answer proves to me you, the company does not care. It amazes me that you have the smarts to come up with a great camera but are not concerned about the safety of the camera mount for the outside to prevent theft. When the arlo outside mount can be easily unscrewed then you guys aren't thinking. 

I am not able to mount the camera high enough out of reach so I bought the outside adjustable mount ($20), instead of the magnet mount, to find out it can be easily unscrewed by anyone. 

Because of your lackluster response to my question, I see you don't really have security in mind. For this reason, I am going to close my account and take the equipment back for a refund.  Very poor customer service!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Feel free to do whatever you want. I'm just a user like you and almost everyone else here. Good luck with any other system since they'll have the same problem.

1949Eddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I thought you were an arlo company representative.  So on arlo rep looks at the questions? There has to be a tamper-proof mount. Now that I am retired I guess this something I need to work on. 

cjscott199
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try the swan mounts, I found them the best.
I used locktite on the thread., it will slow them down, but it unless you cage them it will not stop a determined thief unfortunately.
1949Eddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for sharing your info about the mounts

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation