Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RickDizzle
Star
Star
For some reason, one of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras just started recording 3-5 mins blocks of time when activated. Motion triggers it, motion is gone within a few seconds... no additional motion or sound...yet records for 3-5 mins. Have had system for over a year...no changes to camera, location, nothing. Ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using record till motion stops??

if so, change it to a fixed time.

If using a fixed time already, use remove device and then bring it back to rebuild all the default settings ( you will also have to add the camera back to any custom modes you created )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RickDizzle
Star
Star
Thanks for the reply....however this issue just started. The point of having it set to record motion is to capture a full incident....I'm trying to find out why it just started doing this...never had this happen before.
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have this happing to me, I have 3 cameras in the front of the house as soon as I sync a 4th camera to add to the front of the house one of those 3 will start recording up to 5 min. I have done all resets plus creating a new mode also had them in regular armed mode. I have them set to record till activity stops, change to a set time and still the same problem I even brought everything back as new and still have the problem. I remove one camera and they return to normal. The Arlo system is a very buggy program.

I have the pro cameras.

RickDizzle
Star
Star
Anyone have any ideas.? It did this for 2 days...then was fine. Now its back to recording 3-5 minute blocks. Its killing this battery as it was fully charged a week ago and now is at 40%. Its only impacting this single camera and I have not changed a thing w it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resyncing. You'll need to add the camera back to any custom modes you may have.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation