Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Yvettevas
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera just stared doing this all of a sudden. Any reason why? There was a car accident in front of my house and it didn’t even capture it, the driver drove away.

D27DFA8E-6641-46F1-8753-23BBBAB3D4A6.png
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's two issues here - video corruption and also lack of recording.

The corruption may or may not be due to signal strength or quality. Possibly rebooting the base and reinserting the camera batteries may help.

As for no recording of the car, remember that these cameras are not designed for anything other than recording people within ~25 feet. Most people complain about false triggers caused by cars and the solution is to rotate the camera down to eliminate them from view.

Yvettevas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you,
I haven’t thought about rebooting, I’ll try that today. This camera is up on the garage, we live in a tiny gated community it does a great job other then it occasionally not powering up thru the solar panels.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same thing for me just today

Yvettevas
Aspirant
Aspirant
What did you do to fix it? Or is it still like that?
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
It just went away on the next refresh, haven’t seen it again.
adnickels
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. 2 cameras started to only show verticsl lines. Did a base station restart. One camera finally came back but one still just verticsl lines.

Base on this thread, will try a camera battery pull restart to see if thatveorks.
adnickels
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ri did the battery pull restart. Camera vertical lines went away. It showed on short live image then froze. Now showing off line. NOT VALID ERROR as this camera is nearer to base with clearer line of site that another camera. Plus prior to this issue, this was always quicker to load than other cameras. Beginning to think Arlo cameras a mistake. I've been fighting a Arlo Go offline condition for 2 weeks which Verizon blamed on the camera and now an ARLO Pro2 camera issue. And I'm seeing zip company support.
Yvettevas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo reached out to me and sent me a new camera. They sent me a new camera which worked great for 3 days, now it’s back to the lines, recording for 2 seconds or just a black screen. I’ve taken out the battery, did the restart I’m now ready to chuck the damn camera. Is it possible maybe it’s the basestation?
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation