Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gottaseemydogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m trying to figure out how to shut of the notification sounds that are coming directly out of the camera when detecting motion is on. People watching my dogs are going crazy trying to figure out where the sound is coming from and I can even hear it on the recording. Cameras didn’t used to do that.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You are hearing that on the Pro-2???  The Ultra has a "siren" sound (not that loud), but the my Pro-2s don't (unless something just changed).  

Did you try restarting the base and the cameras?

If this is an Ultra, look in the mode rules, and see if "Turn alarm on" is set for one of the actions.

Gottaseemydogs
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s not the siren. It’s the little 3 bell sound of the notification. I finally had to shut off the motion detector. Watching the video, if the movement pauses for even a second, the chime will set off again when movements stars. I think it probably went off 30 times in the time it took someone to put food in 2 dog bowls and set them down, and pick them up. My dogs eat fast! I have 2 cameras. I shut one off as I’m getting the notification on my phone every time that thing chimes.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

And there's nothing about audio alert in your rules?

Gottaseemydogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I’ve looked into every editable option. I do have microphone and audio on, but that shouldn’t cause a notification sound. I haven’t used the motion detection in a while, and now on the new app this seems to be a new thing. It definitely did not do this a few months ago.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gottaseemydogs wrote:

, and now on the new app this seems to be a new thing. It definitely did not do this a few months ago.

I don't doubt that it's new behavior.  It's not related to the app though - which you should be able to prove by testing the behavior with your phone turned off.

Have you tried restarting the base and the cameras (remove/replace batteries).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation