Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera does not record

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AMCoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

About 4 months ago I added a Pro 4 camera to my existing Pro 2 base station which already has 4 x Pro 2 cameras connected to it. All worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago when the Pro 4 camera stopped recording motion. When I activate live stream on this camera it works but there is a 2 minute delay. All 4 of the Pro 2 cameras are recording.

My problem therefore is two fold, firstly that the the Pro 4 camera does not record when there is motion although it did record up to about two weeks ago and secondly there is a two minute delay in live streaming.

I have looked at previous posts and whilst there are similar problems the solutions provided have not helped me.

Anyone got any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AMCoz wrote:

the Pro 4 camera does not record when there is motion although it did record up to about two weeks ago

It stopped recording when the trial subscription lapsed.  All the newer cameras (starting with the Ultra in 2018) require a subscription to get any cloud recording.  They still give you free 7-day cloud recording for your older Pro-2 cameras, as it was advertised when you purchased them.  But that doesn't extend to the Pro-4s.

@AMCoz wrote:

secondly there is a two minute delay in live streaming.

Have you tried restarting your router, the camera, base, and phone?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation