Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Video Setting limited to 'Brightness' as only option

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Connie_Chunk
Tutor
Tutor
Recently upgraded from Arlo Pro to Pro 2... all my Pro 2 cameras have no other video setting beyond adjusting brightness. No pinch and zoom (narrowing recording field), no rotate 180°, no power management option. I have removed batteries, rebooted the router, all to no avail. Firmware shows as latest upon search for update. I assumed the Pro 2 would be an upgrade in camera performance but is it actually a downgrade in features?? Frustrated that customer services response was I only qualify for unpaid support here in the forum. Any help from anyone who has insight is greatly appreciated 🙏
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have pro2 on the same account as the pro cameras?
If you’re using different accounts and you have shared between them it could be a permission issue.
https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Connie_Chunk wrote:
 all my Pro 2 cameras have no other video setting beyond adjusting brightness. No pinch and zoom (narrowing recording field), no rotate 180°, no power management option. 

Odd.

My Pro 2 cameras have all three of these options in video settings.  Pinch and Zoom is done directly on the image there (where you also can create activity zones).  The other two are in the menu, directly under Night Vision.

Connie_Chunk
Tutor
Tutor

this is my settings menu which doesn't even have the night vision option either.  The video settings as I mentioned previously only has one option and that's brightness.  I have a set of Arlo Pro's so I am not a newbie or unfamiliar with navigating their menus etc... I have no clue.  

Screenshot_20211229-224527_Arlo.jpg
Connie_Chunk
Tutor
Tutor

This is the menu photo, sent them in reverse order than stated.

Screenshot_20211229-224508_Arlo.jpg
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you have pro2 on the same account as the pro cameras?
If you’re using different accounts and you have shared between them it could be a permission issue.
https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...
Connie_Chunk
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you Dannybear!! I do indeed have two separate systems (dedicated arlo routers) for a series of 5 cameras each (total of 10 cameras) and did initially give permissions on the one account to the other (so as to be able to view everything from the app "link them" so to speak) which I thought did the trick until I noticed my lack of setting functionality on the Pro 2 cameras.  Your suggestion had me do a little exploratory work and realized that I also needed to give permissions back from the other router (the new add on) back to the the original.  Now permissions granted in both directions and have full functionality.  Bravo to you and much gratitude for sharing your time and efforts to make the suggestion 🙏🎉

Dannybear
Master
Master
Glad you resolved it and explaining the fix so kudos to you.
I just copied a moderators post.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation