Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JMRope
Follower
Follower

I've recently discovered that my Arlo Pro 2 cameras have a long delay before recording video after detecting motion. And then I found a big thread on here about it with other users reporting the same issue but the thread has been closed. No one posted a solution so I assume there isn't one. What a massive waste of money these cameras are.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Delayed recording after motion detect usu isn't that long.... I see a person walking maybe 4 feet or so in my coverage area.

( time needed to walk 4 ft is pretty low )

If your finding it is, sense level and position may have a lot to do with making this lower.

Remember that the Pro2 camera has a max detection range of 25ft... you shouldn't be trying to cover an area greater than this and still get a good response.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ABSNY
Guide
Guide
I just spent the day hooking up my new Pro 3 cameras and I am seriously considering returning them over this delay issue. Spent over and hour on a live chat with support, but this just seems to be a built in limitation. Motion detection worked perfectly, the spot light comes right on, but the delay to warm up and connect to the network was from 10 to 30 seconds. Several times we would open the garage drive in, then walk into the house, waving at the camera and it would never record anything. You can break into the house through the garage and never turn on a camera.

These might be good for watching the pets or babysitter, but they don’t seem suited for security.
Russ-james
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to have the same problem where as I did get some help at least three times the lady on the phone was hard to understand her German was terrible . Since I complained to much she threaten me with no support . So I don't get any Email notifications .So I feel helpless and don't know what step I should do next. This stuff is very expensive and very disappointing...

ABSNY
Guide
Guide
I had same issue. For what it’s worth, I have found that the live chat Arlo people are much more knowledgeable that the phone support. Chat folks seem to know what they’re doing - I spent an hour chatting with someone, trying different things. Phone support seem to just be reading off a script.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Russ-james

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Fontanooch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine delay also.  Useless for security.  I threw mine out.  Arlo  never again.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation