Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera barely records motion

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Frustrated101
Star
Star

I have a camera that barely detects motion. I feel like I have to walk right up to the camera for it to detect motion. I put it outside over my garage. Looking down the driveway. I pulled up in the driveway into the garage and no motion was detected. I got out my car went in front of it and danced and finally got a motion detection alert. I don't think criminals will be this kind to make sure they are caught. What's wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

position is as important as sense levels....

most will run at the default of 80%, ( higher is more sensitivity) but since the PIR device only detects people to a max of 25 ft you should angle down the camera and try not to cover more area than the PIR reaches.

btw, most of mine run at about 90-92% .

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you adjusted the sense level at all ?

Also, motion is better detected across the FOV instead of straight on.

Frustrated101
Star
Star

For the mode I had the sensativity all the way down to 0 because like you mentioned I saw it was not as good at straight on motion. But I didn't expect this would mean no detection at all straight on. That kind of sucks either you can get a good video of what happened or you can get notification that something is going on but never both?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

position is as important as sense levels....

most will run at the default of 80%, ( higher is more sensitivity) but since the PIR device only detects people to a max of 25 ft you should angle down the camera and try not to cover more area than the PIR reaches.

btw, most of mine run at about 90-92% .

Frustrated101
Star
Star

Ok, that helps that higher is more sensativity. I thought based on the problem and the icons, lower would be better because it would detect "motion" even if a person was standing still. So, to test I did the opposite and moved the sensativity all the way to 100 % and I got alerts for cars passing on the street. It even detected me going to the car which is the bottom like what I expected. So, now I'll fine tune it and bring it down from 100 to get the exact range that works for me. Maybe now I can change my username from frustrated101 to frustrated10 lol Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation