Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Some customers in Australia and New Zealand regions may be experiencing problems with live streaming and motion recordings not saved to library. We are working to resolve this issue, please see status.arlo.com for the latest information.

CVR not available, Arlo Pro 2 plan Pricing changes, NOT GOOD!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jcy110
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 6 camera system that worked perfectly when I got it in Nov 2018. 2 of the 6 cameras are on a CVR plan recording 24/7. I noticed one of the cameras was not connected to the CVR plan, so I deleted the camera and tried to re attach it to the plan. Spent 1.5 hrs on the phone after my own 1hr of troubleshooting. The only "work around" they had was to wait until the problem is fixed (its been a problem since Dec 31st 2019 the rep said) or upgrade from the LEGACY 20 cameras plan to the NEW plan that only lets you connect 5 cameras for 3X the plan price. This used to be a good product for someone that needed to monitor an area quickly, setup is very easy. There is something going on with Arlo, and it is not good.  I told the rep if the work around is to pay 3x more and have 1/4 the cameras on a plan, the upgrade should be free and my Annual Plan which is now only available as a monthly plan comes out to 3 times the price.  I will no longer be suggesting this product to anyone else since the company is making their problem the customers problem. If this keeps up, Arlo is doomed.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jcy110 wrote:

I have a 6 camera system that worked perfectly when I got it in Nov 2018. 2 of the 6 cameras are on a CVR plan recording 24/7.  ... or upgrade from the LEGACY 20 cameras plan to the NEW plan that only lets you connect 5 cameras for 3X the plan price. 

I don't understand the 3x price comment.

I believe it was $13/month in the US for the old Smart Premier pricing (which included 10 cameras, not five).  With the new pricing, Smart Premier for 6 cameras would be ~$11.50 per month in the US - so it looks like the new plan would actually a bit cheaper for you if you were paying monthly. 

I think the annual subscription cost used to be $99/year - if so you'd be seeing an increase of $39/year on the new plan. 

I don't think CVR pricing has changed, and for two cameras the CVR annual cost would be more than the Premier pricing.

So it's nowhere close to 3x - it's perhaps 7-12% higher overall depending on what CVR plan you have. Am I missing something?

jcy110
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am currently paying 250.00 per year on the LEGACY PLAN.  The Arlo rep said under the "NEW" plan which is only monthly I would pay 70.00/month...... a little steep Aye?

Plus I thought I could delete my CVR camera which lost the CVR function and then re attach it to the account, but it doesn't work that way....really. I pay for 2 cameras to record 24/7. I should be able to switch that to any 2 cameras on my dashboard.  I told the rep, I can take the camera and move it to any location I want so why can't I move the subscription from one camera to another......they are all messed up!  Why should their problem, become our problem and cost more. The least they could do is move you and keep the pricing the same and not make it LQQK like a money grab of opportunity.  I will no longer be telling anyone about ARLO.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jcy110 wrote:

I am currently paying 250.00 per year on the LEGACY PLAN.  The Arlo rep said under the "NEW" plan which is only monthly I would pay 70.00/month...... a little steep Aye?

They gave you the wrong price for US anyway.  Are your two CVR plans giving you 14 day retention?  Are you in the US?

jcy110
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I am in the US, and I currently get 14 days, and 60 days on motion recorded saves.  It is all a money grab.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jcy110 wrote:

@StephenB I am in the US, and I currently get 14 days, and 60 days on motion recorded saves.  It is all a money grab.

I don't know what the annual CVR prices were before.

But today's pricing for 6-camera premier plus two 14-day CVR isn't $70/month.  It's about half that.  ~$11.50/month for premier plus $11.99/month for each CVR subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation