Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 43 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Today I noticed im no longer subscribed to CVR on my Pro 2 cameras.  I checked late last night and it was ok.  I didnt unsubscribe or anything.  When attempting to re-subscribe, I continually get the message at confirm subscription page - "billing service unavailable".  I have also tried to upgrade my plan from the basic one and get the same message continually.  

I have tried ringing support but never seem to make any progress in the call queue.  Please advise if your system is down or if its a local issue my end?  I have tried the app, as well as on my desktop.  I have logged out of the app and logged in again to no avail.

Getting frustrated as my car was damaged overnight and I seem to have lost all CVR footage that was there last night.

43 REPLIES 43
VoodooHelo1
Star
Star

Hi Dawn,

As a few have already stated above in this thread re Arlo Smart Home and lack of information about it being ONLY available in the USA, i have fallen victim to this also!!

I upgraded to the Premium account ($129.00 AUD) 4 days ago as the Smart Home showed it was available both on my Android App and also via my account online. I checked the Arlo Smart Home landing page and the only thing that can be found is ONLY the e911 dialling is only available in the US.

I have sent an email to sales@netgear yesterday regarding this and requesting a full refund. I spent hours on hold via phone support (if you can call it support) and went from 24th in the que to 12th in the que in 1hr, no thanks! Then forget live chat as it never connects to an available rep cause none are ever available.

I have no idea where my email will end up so any help or escallation would be much apprciated. For your reference my invoice number is 087669.

Flechi18
Tutor
Tutor

I thunk you need to look at your phone system. This person mentions lack of movement while on the phone with billing. I experienced the same thing last night. I called with a question before I bought this product and spent nearly 70 minutes on hold. Something is definitely wrong there whether it is a technical issue or a staffing issue. What is tech support like here if it takes hours for a sales question? Are those calls measured in days not hours?

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
Dawn,

Any updates on when this fix will be rolled out?

I PM'd you about refund situation and never got a response. I'd prefer to talk through this so everyone can see responses or lack of. Can you please cancel CVR subscription your end. I don't care about the refund, just cancel it. I can't do it because it shows me as unsubscribed my end. If and when CVR is fixed I'll look into it again. Can't be bothered chasing this up any longer. Looking forward to your response.
Faiers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no update...

It's dissapointing as I can see you have updated the web page to show US only but there is no word on the refund for my useless "premier" subscription. 

I wouldn't mind if you said Arlo Smart is coming to the UK in a week or two but no updates really gives the impression that you don't care about your customers who have spent hundreds of pounds to purchase your products!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Faiers,

Through your subscription management, downgrade back to Basic and the Premier subscription will automatically be refunded. Refunds can take several business days to apply to your credit card statement.

Have you done this already and are still experiencing an issue?

JamesC

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can update please be provided.
StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice
My CVR sub renewed today. Will do charge back tomorrow. This is ridiculous. My next step will be to contact the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). This is a breach of Australian consumer law.
mcjg
Star
Star

Dawn,

It's happened again! I got an annual renewal email even though I went on to monthly last time so I tried to renew again and got the Billing Service Unavailable message like last time! Driving me crazy!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mcjg,

Are you still experiencing an error? If so, reach out to me in a private message with the email address you use for your Arlo account and I will escalate the issue for further investigation.

JamesC

mcjg
Star
Star

Yes, it's still a problem. How do I send you a private message? 

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Click on the enevelope on the top of this page from there click send message you will need to type his name jamesc no space. Then send
mcjg
Star
Star

I am still experiencing the problem and have sent a private message with my email 

mcjg
Star
Star

I am still having problems - error message 14016 "we are sorry..." etc. Also my premier subscription has been downrated to Basic all by itself! What is wrong with this system?

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have you raised a support ticket?  I did and they eventually got back to me.  A successfully connecting phone call didnt hurt either.  Apparently the engineers are working on it.  Obviously it is still not resolved after all this time.  Ive been billed for CVR since and its still not showing on my system.  Its crazy that is still hasnt been rectified.

mcjg
Star
Star

I've tried everything, phonecall, no answer, chat, no chat, Community network, no interest. But I havent tried a support ticket...how do you do that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you've already tried. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. You'll need chat or phone call to open the case.

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Or create a case in MyNetgear

StrikeSwiftly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still not resolved.  Still being deducted monthly subscription for somehting that doesnt work and I cant cancel.  Absolute joke!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StrikeSwiftly,

I've opened and escalated a new case on the issue you're experiencing. An agent should be reaching out to you with more information soon.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 43 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation