Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok coming from the original Arlo Pro camera system, they lasted months, I would say up to 4-5 months no problem, with a fair amount of motion activity. I have EVERY issue that everyone else has encountered on these forums and I am just addressing the battery issue. The camera that keeps going offline drains super fast and that has been reported already. But this camera is one of the cameras that has not gone mysteriously offline for no reason. But it does suffer from the recording 5 minutes of video for motion that was only 10-15 seconds long bug. And that has affected battery consumption drastically. It has been 3 days and that camera has gone from 100% to 41%. At this rate I'll be climbing a ladder every 5 days. This is ridiculous. NONE of these problems were there on the original Arlo Pro. Get it together Netgear. And I am on my 3rd set of Arlo Pro 2's. And these problems were present on ALL of them. So something is terribly wrong. less than 30 days before they are being returned for good. Please issue some type of solution. ASAP. Thanks 

16 REPLIES 16
mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am stunned how a company can release a product as buggy as Pro 2. This is more like beta version than finished product and we have become beta testers.

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Whoever gave the "ok" for this product to hit the shelves should be fired! simple as that. It didnt take much for EVERYONE else to see the faults and bugs and serious issues so I cant imagine that Netgear could have "missed" any of these problems because they are so apparent that you CANT miss them. SMH

archon810
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had the same thing happen to me. Camera went from 100 to 8% and died without any warning.

I'm working with Arlo PR directly, so they're already aware of my issue, and now I'll bring this thread to their attention.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MrTonyToca,

The decreased battery life is likely due to the increase in recording length for the 5 minute recordings. I've escalated these topics regarding the unexpected continuation of recording based on the "Record until activity stops" feature. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

archon810
Apprentice
Apprentice

That is not accurate at all, sorry to say.

I have 2 Arlo Pro 2s. The one that unexpectedly died did not have any 5-minute recordings at all, only a dozen or two regular short clips. Even if all of them were 5 minutes long, the battery would have dropped to maybe 95%.

The other Arlo Pro 2 I have is still close to 100% and did have several 5-minute recordings.

So your theory doesn't hold up.

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree, the 5 minute recordings may have contributed to it but there is no way in just a matter of days, in the same spot an arlo Pro 1 used to be and could last for several months would just deplete in days. that is a BIG difference, and a few minutes extra shouldnt be able to do that. 

aaronse
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1, pretty sure my Arlo2 battery drained within just a few days.  Wonder if motion caused by fall leaves dropping is a factor.

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Could be, not for me though, there are no trees near my driveway camera, and ive turned my sensitivity to 75 where my Arlo Pro 1 used to be there at 90 sensitivity and last months no problem......I think Netgear needs to come out with an Arlo 3 and take these Arlo 2's back and give us an exchange......

Jbl63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have 3 arlo pro cameras and brought a ppro 2 camera the pro 2 got intensely hot while charging and gave off terrible smell returning this dangerous item the pro cameras did not do this! You have a major problem with this new model read all the posts!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, you have a defective camera and/or battery. Get it replaced.

torquerolljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with the Pro 2 battery life.  These camera's are a complete waste of money.  I have a mix of the Arlo Pro and Pro 2 on the Arlo solar panels.  The Arlo Pro work just fine and will stay charged 100%.  The Pro 2 will not stay charged at 100% no matter which panel I use.  They are defective and Netgear needs to come up with a replacement plan for the unusuable cameras.  I am out of my 30 day window to return it so Netgear has given many of us the big one where the sun don't shine!  I will put this review on as many sites as I can to help spread the word on this garbage.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Really? You give up that easily? Have you never used a warranty claim before? There's no need to suffer with faulty equipment - as stated so many times before here and is just common sense - utilize the warranty by opening a case with support here. 

torquerolljoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I have not given up.  I am merely ranting like many people do when products or services do not work as designed.  After exhausting many different possible problems, it has to be in the camera itself.  So please don't judge so quickly!!  I will keep you all posted on the status.

Kennet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I’m looking to switching to pro 2 but is highly concerned when reading this topic. Are any of you formiliar with if the. Issues have been solved?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it certainly has affected some users, it's not a widespread problem. Even if you get bitten, you'll know quickly and can utilize the store's return policy to swap for a new system that works properly. ANd if it happens outside of that time, there's still the 1 year warranty.

crcarpenter
Initiate
Initiate

Wow, I was going to buy a set of 4 Pro 2's but after reading all the posts about it, I guess I'm holding off until Netgear addresses the issues.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation