Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
jsnyder1367
Follower
Follower

since latest firm update, will not go online.

8 REPLIES 8
dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have similar problem. The Base Station keeps rebooting itself very hour for two weeks. 

I have the Fing Network monitoring the Arlo Base. I haved tried to reboot/reset the base station, but not helping. 

Jeff218
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same problem

chrisngrod
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep mine is rebooting and generally sluggish
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Try to power cycle the Base Station and see if that fixes the issue. You can read more here on how to troubleshoot your Base Station: My Arlo base station is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I find that my IFTTT hourly record tasks caused the Arlo Base to reboot every hour.

Once I stop the IFTTT automation, the Arlo Base is no longer reboot.

Then I endable the IFTTT hourly automation again, the Arlo Base then again reboting itself hourly.

@dezi wrote:

I have similar problem. The Base Station keeps rebooting itself very hour for two weeks. 

I have the Fing Network monitoring the Arlo Base. I haved tried to reboot/reset the base station, but not helping. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you are experiencing problems with your Base Station rebooting with IFTTT on, you might need to check with your IFTTT settings.

dezi
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP wrote:

If you are experiencing problems with your Base Station rebooting with IFTTT on, you might need to check with your IFTTT settings.

It is exactly what I did, remove the Arlo Service from IFTTT, then the Base station works fine again. 

After a couple of days of watching, I add the Arlo Service back to IFTTT and add a task to trigger recording hourly, the base station goes back and keep rebooting itself hourly.

This task had been working fine for 10 months until now.

Jeff218
Aspirant
Aspirant

so once I picked myself up off of the floor after dealing with the realities of the "not-so-free" you pay the shipping option, I sent my base station to Arlo, and they send me a new one.  They sent it so fast I was suspicious and worried that after complaining so much they just re-packaged my not-working unit and shipped it back to me.  Luckily I wrote down the serial number of my old unit and confirmed that they had definately send a different base station.  Like a happy puppy, I dashed down the stairs to plug it in...nothing...exactly the same problem I had with the previous station, only this time the camera light was also yellow because I hadden't synced any of my cameras with the new base station.  I was either going to scream, pull my hair out and throw the damn thing against the wall, or walk away.  I choose the latter.  For 2 days I ignored it, only looking at it briefly in passing to see the one green light and two amber lights.  Then I found a forum post from someone indicating that they got theirs to work by holding down both the sync button and the reset button...so I tried, and tried and tried.  Knowing that it is impossible to press both buttons at exactly the same time, I tried different iterations of one first, then the other.  A couple of times I threw in holding down the power button, but to no avail.  Holding down the reset button with a sharp pencil, the power button and the sync button and pressing them down in slightly differing orders was a little like playing finger twister, so I was pretty depressed when it didn't work.  I resorted to ignoring it again.  Then yesterday, 2 green lights....what?  How did that happen, Arlo?  I again scampered down the stairs like a happy puppy only to find that the batteries on my cameras were dead.  I charged them, synced them, and viola, they work.  I broke into a sweat when I got notification that 2 firmware updates were necessary, but it's been 24 hours and both cameras are working as they did out of the box.

I don't know what caused the base station to go offline, and I don't know what caused the new base station to go online, but for the moment, it's working.  I'll keep you posted.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation