Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline after redoing network

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
loganx1121
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently re-did the network in my house.  It's all Cisco equipment, with the exception of an ASUS GT-AC5300 which used to be my router and is now just a wireless access point.

I have the base station plugged into a port on my access switch, which is assigned the same VLAN as the Asus Access Point which supplies WiFi to the rest of the house.  The middle light on the base station is just not lit at all.  Not amber.  Not green.

Everything else in the house is working fine.  Wifi, printers, every Vlan has access to the internet.  No issues whatsoever.  

Things I've tried:

• Replacing the ethernet cable
  • switching the base station to a different Vlan
  • plugging the base station into the access point
  • powering off the base station
  • unplugging the power from the base station
  • removing the base station from "My devices" in the app
  • plugging the base station directly into my comcast modem (Figured it wouldn't work but whatever)

I'm a network engineer...and I have no idea why this thing isn't going out to the internet...or at least seeming not to.

For the network savvy people, I can see the mac address listed in the switch in the mac address table, and according to both the switch and the Access point ASUS web GUI, it has an IP address as well.  I am completely at a loss at the moment.  I can see in the DHCP binding of the core switch that it has assigned the IP to the base station, and I can see that IP being NAT'ed out to the internet on the edge router.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
loganx1121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Factory reset did the trick.  Thanks if anyone read this and was thinking of a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
loganx1121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well now the middle light is green and blinks occasionally, but the app can't seem to find the base station.

loganx1121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Happened to have another base station handy.  Came right up.  Going to try a factory reset on the original.

loganx1121
Aspirant
Aspirant

Factory reset did the trick.  Thanks if anyone read this and was thinking of a solution.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation