Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station not working (VMB4500)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LDR2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot get base station to work. Tried all solutions read on the chats, including factory reset.  I get a flashing amber. Just discovered that because I don't have Arlo Secure I do not get live support.  About ready to throw it all out the window and go to another company.  

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is the system an older one that has just stopped working or a recent purchase that should have 90day warranty giving you access to arlo support?
LDR2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

The former. I have had since probably 2019

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can temporarily subscribe for the purpose of support and then unsubscribe when done.

There's  a lack of details as to what you've tried and what you see. Have you removed all devices from Settings, My Devices since you tried the reset? When you reset, did you hold it until the LED started flashing amber (>10 seconds)? When it rebooted (~2 minutes), is the LED still flashing amber? In normal operation, that amber blink indicates a communication issue:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

Maybe you actually have a problem with your camera(s) connecting to the base?

LDR2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried reset several times: factory reset (4x in a row), unplug 15 seconds then plug back in and wait 2 minutes (4 in a row), I have removed all devices then tried to add base station back in, I do not get anything other than a flashing amber (or it may be red). The cameras connect fine, it's just the base.  I'm frustrated that I am supposed to pay 9.99/mo for 3 units (30/month) just for the opportunity to speak to a live agent every 2 years.  Thank you for trying to help, I think I may just to move all of my devices to the other security system I have and am already paying for; they now offer outdoor cameras.  Appreciate the feedback.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@LDR2022  I'm frustrated that I am supposed to pay 9.99/mo for 3 units (30/month) just for the opportunity to speak to a live agent every 2 years.  

If you subscribe you can cancel it when issue is resolved, and the unused portion will be refunded. Should be able to get support with a single camera subscription. Even the secure muti cam has unlimited cams for 9.99 a month. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation