Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station not recording to cloud on 4/29/20. Have USB stick on Base Stations.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ssurfer24
Aspirant
Aspirant

So we have 2 base stations and 8 cameras. 4 on each station. On the April 29th, the 1st base station stopped recording to the cloud after 8:10am for the rest of the day.  I have a USB stick on both base stations but I haven’t had a chance to see if it recorded to them yet.  The schedule is armed except for 8am - 4pm but it didn't re-arm after 4pm? There was definitely motion after 4pm that the 1st base station should have caught and didn’t. At least that’s what the stored video on the cloud is telling me. Both base stations run on the same wi-fi network. 1st one is for outside our office building and 2nd is for our warehouse out back. It worked fine the day before and today so we are a little bit confused why one base station decided to not record to the cloud. Was there a maintenance window going on or something? Any ideas why one station worked and the other didn't?

Base Station:

HW Version VMB4000r3

Firmware 1.16.1.3_3394_1a608c1

Cameras:

HW Version H4
Firmware 1.125.14.0_34_1189

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ssurfer24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should clarify... The cameras have been working and recording fine until 1 base station decided to not record. It worked fine the next day without doing anything to it. We have 2 accounts. One for each base station. 4 cameras on each base station. Not using "zones" that require ac power. I should have said Zones as in each camera is recording it's own area. Everything is functioning as normal now. Just that one day where it decided to not work which isn't good for a security camera.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting the base? Checking the local recordings should be telling. Also, are you using Arlo Smart and/or zones?

ssurfer24
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was rebooted the next day after we saw what happened. Just using zones but not selecting an area. It's the whole screen that is detecting motion. Not using the smart plan.  It worked fine the next day without any settings being changed which is why we are scratching our heads because nothing changed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ssurfer24 wrote:

Just using zones but not selecting an area.

Activity zones only will work if you have 

• AC power to the camera or
  • a subscription for the camera

@ssurfer24 wrote:

Not using the smart plan.  

Are you using one account for each base?  There's always been a 5-camera account limit for the free 7-day cloud recording.

Also, have you tried live streaming the cameras and making a manual recording?

ssurfer24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should clarify... The cameras have been working and recording fine until 1 base station decided to not record. It worked fine the next day without doing anything to it. We have 2 accounts. One for each base station. 4 cameras on each base station. Not using "zones" that require ac power. I should have said Zones as in each camera is recording it's own area. Everything is functioning as normal now. Just that one day where it decided to not work which isn't good for a security camera.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation