Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Jim23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why is my base keeps going offline? Its the 2nd time it happened to me. First time i have to remove device and redo everything again. What if im away and i cant do this things? So no camera for couple or days or weeks?First, the live feed has static sounds. Now this. Its getting frustrating
8 REPLIES 8
josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice
Over the last month or two my base station keeps going offline. Works fine for a week and then goes offline. Have to reboot it when I get home and then it is fine for a week and then back to same thing. Killing my batteries as they try to connect back to an offline base.
I have done resets before and that is not fixing it. Not sure what has changed but it is frustrating. It seems to happen when my schedule switches from ARMED to my Daytime mode.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would manually change the arm/disarmed mode for a while to see if it is the schedule or the base.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First you need to determine if it's really offline. Are you getting recordings or can you trigger one? Are the base LEDs green as required? Have you logged out and back in or force closed the app and reopened it? Have you tried a browser to verify?

Martian35g
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just started having the same problem about a month ago. I have had my cameras for 2 years with no problems until recently, my base station keeps going offline and depleting my camera batteries. If I restart the base station it will stay connected for a little bit then it goes back offline again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Martian35g wrote:

I just started having the same problem about a month ago. I have had my cameras for 2 years with no problems until recently, my base station keeps going offline and depleting my camera batteries. If I restart the base station it will stay connected for a little bit then it goes back offline again.

What LED status are you seeing in the base when it goes off line?  https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

Martian35g
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will have to check that when it happens again,Thanks for the Info

Rkentjrdo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base station keeps going offline. It will still send me a notification but app shows its offline. I never had a problem for 2 years now every other day goes offline. It’s my lake house 3 hours away and I have to pay someone to reset it every time. Obviously this was due to software update. Please fix it
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Rkentjrdo1

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation