Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Pleigh
Follower
Follower

Hi, had a power cut today and now the system on my phone is saying base station is off line. I have turned it off and on and all three green lights are on. Any ideas how to get it back on line please?

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Pleigh

It sounds like you may need to reboot your modem & router then the base station again.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@ShayneS wrote:

....reboot your modem & router then the base station again.

That is part of the standard strategy for recovering from a power cut.

Turn on modem, wait for it to connect, turn on router, wait for it to connect, turn on the rest of the network.

Indeed, if you are in a region where the power is flaky, I'd look at the whole network chain and see if it needs a tweak or two.

I mention this because i once had a modem/router in modem only mode that fed another router. The modem took so long to come on line after a power cut that the router timed out before that happened. So the router never did connect to the Internet.  That would also mean that any base station attached to the router would also time out and fail to go on line.

This is, after all, a network.  If one link in the chain falls over, the whole thing is at risk.

Some people take power seriously enough to invest in an uninterruptible power supply.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation