Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station went offline and will no longer connect or be recognized by the app.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
paulrichards
Follower
Follower

I have been using the same Arlo Pro2 setup for nearly 6 years. In that time I have added and removed Pro2 cameras with no issue. I have been running between 10-13 during this time.

Last week I purchased 4 more cameras and while adding the 3rd, my internet lagged/dropped for a few seconds, which does happen from time to time, and it showed my camera as not being recognized either to no internet service or simply failed to locate for the 3 or 4 times I tried to add the new camera.

When I refreshed the Arlo app, it showed the camera was indeed added, but now it showed that I had no connection due to no internet connection. My wifi was clearly working as several laptops and other devices were running fine.

I tried all the typical trouble shooting steps, and nothing.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and nothing.

I factory reset my base station, and removed it from the app and nothing. Now when I tried to reconnect the base station it cannot be located by the app.

I purchased a second station and that is also not recognized by the app. I brought both stations to a neighbors house (same service provider as me) and my parents (different service provider) and both stations connected with no issues.

The power light is solid green. The internet light goes from solid green to blinking from time to time. Occasionally the internet one goes out completely, and instead the power light and the camera light will be solid green.

I have been going back and forth with arlo support for several days with no luck.
-We have gone through the typical troubleshooting tips, yet again, with no luck.

-We have checked my internet speed, 15 mbps UL, which was running fine with 13 cameras, but doesn't matter because I'm upgrading to 40 mbps on Monday and the new base station has nothing connected to it and still won't sync.

-They asked me to call my provider and check ports 80 and 443. These are blocked and have been blocked since day 1 (nearly 6 years ago) and my system has been fine without them and has been added and removed numerous times since day 1 with no issues until last week.

Im at my wits end here, and at this point don't know what to do, or even what direction to look in, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@paulrichards wrote:

-They asked me to call my provider and check ports 80 and 443. 

It's almost never about the ports being blocked - the base only makes outbound connections to the cloud.  When there is an issue, it is more likely to be a proxy on the connection path.  Sounds like they have run out of things to try.

But clearly it is network related, since both bases are connecting to your neighbor's and parent's ethernet.

If I understand you correctly, you installed everything on other networks.  Did you then just try to reconnect the base to your home router?  Or did you remove the base and cameras from your account, and try to add them again?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation