Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station unable to connect to internet- Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Javalont
Follower
Follower

I have had this unit with 2 cameras for over 18 months and no issues until last Sunday 1-24-21 the device said the base station was off line.  The LED light showed a steady yellow.

I have had multiple sessions in excess of 4 hours with Arlo Support trying every trick they have thrown at me to no avail..

Things that I have tried with no success

I use Google Wifi mesh for my wifi router.

1.  I have plugged the unit directly into the router that is directly connected to the modem- the yellow LED light did not go away

2. I restarted the google wifi router and reconnected the unit- flashing green light appears for the LED, Power light is green, sync light is yellow.- Partial success

3.  I did port forwarding and opening the ports (IPV4 and IPV6) using port numbers 443, 123 and 80 for TCP and UDP as recommended by Arlo- no success.  The LED light flashes green

4.  I have reset factory settings, resync the cameras with the base station- Green power light, flashing green LED light, Yellow sync light.

So here I am at the mercy of the community

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As per #4, you have power ( green ) and internet ( it does flash green,normally ), but no cams synced ( cam yellow )

did you attempt to sync a camera ?... done after power and internet. Remember do not hold the sync button. It’s a quick press and then the camera button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation