Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MeganO
Follower
Follower

Hello, I am trying to set up my Arlo base station and it just switches between solid blue to solid amber to blinking amber, mostly the latter, I have tried reconnecting the ethernet, power off and on and a few factory resets, it is mentioned in a few support pages that the base station LED is supposed to blink amber and then turn of for a reset, mine only blinks and never turns off or goes green, solutions?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First read this:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

These hubs never turn green, only blue or amber. WHen trying a reset, hold the button for >10 seconds until the LED starts flashing amber. Let it reboot to solid blue (~2 minutes) and try again. If not solid blue, what is it?

ChrisNChar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, it sounds to me like a wireless connection issue to the base station , check and see if the base station is online in the settings in the ARLO portal, also re enter the password for the base when you do the factory reset. I would make sure if you have both 5G and 2.4G wifi that you are connecting to the 2.4g. Not sure if any of this helps but good luck..

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ChrisNChar wrote:

Hi, it sounds to me like a wireless connection issue to the base station , check and see if the base station is online in the settings in the ARLO portal, also re enter the password for the base when you do the factory reset. I would make sure if you have both 5G and 2.4G wifi that you are connecting to the 2.4g. Not sure if any of this helps but good luck..

The base does not connect via wifi. It connects to the router via Ethernet cable and there is no password for the base. The cams connect to the base on it's own closed wifi network so home wifi is not an issue. 

ChrisNChar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good point yes forgot that is ethernet been a while, hopefully then someone can help from Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation