Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station not being found after removing Base Station after saying firmware cannot update

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shed66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I have purchased the pack (VMS4500P-100AU) and the base station is not being found.
Initially it was, and couldn’t update firmware. So I removed it and now it is not found at all.
LED is Blue (connected to internet)
I followed the instructions on connecting ethernet cable and power before searching till I was snowblind.
I have tried through app on iPhone and via browser on mac.
I have tried resetting via ‘reset’ on back, and have tried using sync on base station and wifi mesh base.
Am at my wits end so before throwing it on the fire in frustration, I thought I would reach out to you guys.

Thanks Arlo for stuffing up my afternoon off, and now the wife has the sh*ts too.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you reset, did you hold the button until the LED started flashing amber (~10+ seconds)?

Since it may be a hardware problem, why not swap at the store?

Shed66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issues as previous Discussion "Cameras not syncing Arlo Pro 2"

I have finally added my base station and updated the firmware.

None of my camera's will sync.

I have spent 2 x 2 hours over the last 24 hours chatting to the Arlo service desk and they are at a loss.

iPhone 12 with App

Orbi Mesh network 

Base Station wired connection to Orbi Router

Camera's not syncing, manually or via app.  

Has anyone actually fixed this issue?

Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By manually, do you mean simply pressing the base sync button and then the camera button? If so, what do you see on both?

WHile it sounds like a real PITA, you might want to remove the base, hold the reset button until the LED flashes amber, let it reboot and start fresh. Why it seems like an issue to even claim the base may be a clue as to the problem. If the system is new enough, swapping at the store may be the fastest solution.

Shed66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, 30 seconds.  That's what Arlo support told me.  It worked to reset the base unit so that I could originally connect (which again didn't work when first tried)

Shed66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried resetting base and then camera's ... still not working.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Shed66,

Just to make sure, are you saying you're able to connect your Arlo Base Station but not able to pair your cameras to the Base Station? If so, try referring to this article to learn how to troubleshoot: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation