Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station no longer work because Ethernet Port is flimsy and broke. Can I add Ultra 2/Pro 4?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chaconpa
Follower
Follower

Hello, I currently have a Pro 2 set up (base station and 4 cameras) The base station no longer works because the ethernet port is flimsy and broke, and the piece is lost. So I wanted to know if I could add my cameras to the Ultra 2 or Pro 4. I think from what I have read the Pro 4 does not have a base station? I also would like to have 2 of the cameras outside with the solar panel charger. In my past experience with my Pro 2's, the cameras did not last more than 3 days before having to be charged. That was a huge problem that was steering me away from ever buying wireless cameras again. Its pointless when you leave for a 7 day vacation and the cameras die halfway through... 

So I just would like some guidance on what to purchase if I want to use my Pro 2 cameras.

I'd also like to NOT have to have a subscription. I did not have one with Pro2. It was just a rolling 7 day cloud storage. 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Short answer…

any of the new cameras require a subscription after the trial period ,

the pro 2 cams need a base and any of the bases will support them without subscription as long as no new cameras so look for a base unit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation